Ever wonder where these compressors are being made while you are in the market? Who made them? Are they worthy enough to buy without knowing who makes them? No, it’s the biggest mistake if you are looking for a valuable product that pays back every penny.
Talking about Kobalt, being true, Kobalt has thought of everything, regardless of how you want to use this compressor. The portability of this compressor is unquestionably a design priority whether you are a household or running a business; it goes both ways.
This article will provide you with all the right information from the expert’s research and being a true user of the Kobalt air compressor. The first section will discuss who makes Kobalt air compressors, and then we will move forward. So, let’s begin with it.
Who makes Kobalt air compressors? – Knowing the manufacturers
Kobalt develops and manufactures a wide variety of tools for the do-it-yourself market, including cordless tools, hand tools, outdoor power equipment, and even more. Therefore, when you consider Kobalt, keep in mind that it is a significant producer of products and that it has the necessary experience to provide high-quality equipment at prices that won’t break the bank.
Starting with who manufactures them really is a difficult task, but I will break it for you here!
History of Kobalt Manufacturers
Lowe’s, an American retailer of hardware and home improvement supplies, owns the Kobalt brand of hand and mechanics tools. He started the company with a partner named Williams in 1998, as their main purpose and goal was to build a brand that could compete and lower the popularity of Home Depot and such names.
But they didn’t go well later, and things started getting crazy. During the time period of 1998 – 2002, it was within them, and they were figuring it out. But in 2003, news came out that Kobalt is now supervised and manufactured directly by Danaher Corporation.
In 2011, Lowe’s stopped working with Danaher and transferred to JS Products of Las Vegas as its new supplier for dealers’ basic tools. On the other hand, Great Neck was still making and selling screwdrivers. In the same year, Chervon started making cordless power tools for Kobalt.
After some time, the thing took a turn, and now Lowe’s store owns Kobalt, and there are no more manufacturers. Lowe’s started out as a single-machine store in a North Carolina town and has since expanded to become one of the most successful home improvement businesses in the world.
Moreover, their original mission of assisting homeowners, tenants, and professionals in improving their properties remains unchanged. Also, don’t be confused when someone addresses Kobalt air compressors as Lowe’s compressors because they have been called out as Lowe’s compressors for their unchanged portability and performance.
Is Kobalt Products Manufacturing Good?
After using 5-6 air compressors from the Kobalt range, I must say that, yes, they are pretty good. Their performance varies, but I swear by the portability, especially if we talk about the pancake air compressors.
The company started after Husky and DeWalt, but now, due to the right manufacturing, they have excelled equally to them, and there is no doubt about that. If I address affordability, then that’s for sure a cherry on top of the cake.
Also, the Kobalt air compressors come in two categories, single-stage and two-stage air compressors. Now you must be confused, but a single stage is the best option if you are looking for a compressor to accompany your household needs or for occasional use. But for a two-staged, it’s generally for heavy use, for longer periods, and for people who own workshops in businesses, industries, etc.
All-in-all, you are getting budget-friendly yet portable air compressors as per your needs; all you need to do afterward is maintenance. I know many people back out, but if you are a cleaner who loves to do that, these compressors or handy tools will last you for 15 years.
Talking about the maintenance, here’s what you need to do:
- When you buy a machine, you need a User Manual. The guide can assist in providing solutions to common issues in a timely manner. The way it works may differ from how your old air compressor worked, so it’s best to read and understand the manual.
- To keep the inside of the tank from rusting, the water must be taken out after each use. Also, you must wear eye protection while you do this as a precautionary measure.
- Some Kobalt Air Compressors have oil-free pumps, so you may not have to check the pump often. Don’t put too much or too little oil in the oil pump. When the oil is in the machine for a longer period of time, it turns darker, which can shorten the equipment’s lifespan.
- The oil should be changed every 500 working hours or once a month. After removing the oil stopper, drain the oil until it reaches a watery consistency, and then replace it. First, take out the plug that covers the breather, and then pour in enough oil to bring the level to where it can be seen via the sight glass. Remember not to fill the pump too much or too little.
Based on our research, Lowe’s has one of the best air compressors. The company makes a number of air compressors that are good for businesses and homes. Also, you should never forget that Lowe’s is now used as another name for Kobalt, so do not be confused about that.
Other than that, I have covered almost everything from Kobalt manufacturing history to the present. Alongside we have also talked about how you can specifically maintain the Kobalt. If you want to ask anything or want to add, please leave a comment.
- How To Make A Confetti Cannon With An Air Compressor - December 4, 2022
- How To Keep Air Compressor From Freezing - December 3, 2022
- How To Install Oil Water Separator On Air Compressor - December 2, 2022