Getting your hands on a new Ridgid air compressor is quite exciting concerning its remarkable features and innovative construction, but getting stuck at using it is more annoying than anything. You are not wrong here. It’s just the new advancements, and the experts from our team have got you covered and everyone out there struggling.
With the help of testimonials being carried out on the Ridgid 6-gallon, the air compressor will help you ease the process and get you started. 6-gallon air compressors are the most demanding, all thanks to their portable and compact size and performance that acts like a 12-gallon.
That all being said, it’s time to move on and provide you with a solution, as actions speak louder than words. Starting from how to use a Ridgid 6-gallon air compressor to discussing the points and questions your mind will ask mid-way in their respective sections.
How to use a Ridgid 6-gallon air compressor?
The Ridgid 6 Gallon Pancake air compressor is a rather compact piece of equipment that tips the scales at approximately 34 pounds. This compact design makes it simple to carry the device after use. Also, because the product makes use of an oil-free pump, the customer is not required to perform any sort of upkeep or maintenance on the device.
Considering that, let’s move with our guide to see how we can use this astonishing 6-gallon air compressor:
Choosing the right spot:
If you are a beginner and just bought your first compressor, you should be aware that keeping your compressor on a neat yet flat surface is a must. Otherwise, vibration, excessive noise, and air leaks will leave you in great trouble.
Moreover, if you are placing your Ridgid in your garage, ensure you cover it up after using it to avoid any dirt and accumulation of inlet and outlet airways, even if your garage is all cleaned up.
Fixing the drain valve and air tank
When looking at it, before starting the task, check to see that the drain valve has been properly fastened, as this is necessary for the efficient working of the compressor. Also, make sure the valve is completely shut off by using an adjustable wrench to turn the screw.
After that, you need to make a connection between the device’s power cord and the nearest electrical outlet that is grounded.
Turn it on for one minute or two to fill the air tank. Alongside that, make sure the compressor turns off when the pressure reaches the limit set for that model by monitoring the gauge.
Air pressure & connection of air hose
Now is the time to set the psi, most important of all in the working of the air compressor. At the same point, PSI is not the only thing to be concerned about. One will also be required to examine the tool’s CFM specifications, which refer to the airflow necessary for the tool to perform properly.
After considering the psi and cfm, it’s time to make the right air hose connections. For that, it’s important to have enough hose to get to your workspace with some room to spare.
Use a pressure washer to organize your space and keep things tidy if the nearest switch seems to be some distance away and your hose is somewhat long.
Safety valve and attaching the equipment
Over to the last steps, here you just have to check whether your safety valve is right or not. You can do it by pulling the valve. Then join the unused end of the hose to your chosen device that you want to work with. To do this, release the hose’s safety cap and connect it to the device’s air inlet. If you want to make sure the link stays, put, just let go of the cap.
You can start your air compressor now and start working according to the Ridgid duty period. Moreover, make sure that you remove all the excess air after using and do some cleaning to avoid the accumulation of moisture because it can damage your Ridgid air compressor with corrosion.
How to Take Care of Your Ridgid 6-gallon Air Compressor?
- Make sure there is no moisture in the area where you keep your air compressor, whether you put it on the floor, in a low cabinet, or on a low shelf.
- Make frequent use of your user manual, as different models of air compressors require different levels of maintenance. Make sure that you have a solid understanding of the specifications of your equipment.
- Regularly check the connections since any room to maneuver the bolts will result in a reduction in the efficiency of your air compressor.
- It is important to keep the intake valves clean in order to stop debris from clogging the vents and causing the functionality of your compressor to suffer.
- It is recommended that you change the oil in your air compressor once a year. But, since Ridgid is oil-less so you will not need to do this.
- It is important to perform routine checks on the hoses because the poor performance of the machine will result from any holes or tears found in the hoses.
- Determine the approximate time when the air tank will require replacement. Even with the right treatment, the pneumatic cylinders on these compressors have a finite lifespan; even with the best care, they will eventually wear out, and it is important that they be changed as soon as possible to avoid any potential hazards.
- Always ensure that you are properly protected by wearing the safety gear that corresponds to the tools you are using.
We hope that you have got the desired answer to your questions about how to use a Ridgid 6-gallon air compressor. That being said, one thing that I must agree on is that working with these kinds of tools is now significantly safer and more productive thanks to portable air compressors, but standard safety precautions should still be followed.
With that, that was all from our side as we have also talked about the safety points that you must take!
- How To Make A Confetti Cannon With An Air Compressor - December 4, 2022
- How To Keep Air Compressor From Freezing - December 3, 2022
- How To Install Oil Water Separator On Air Compressor - December 2, 2022