Porter has made their name because of its build quality and dense designs. In earlier days, they faced a lot of backlashes because of the noise their equipment made while starting the process. All because their engines work by consuming and compressing air.
The reason we are talking and recommending the Porter cable air compressor is because of the improvement they made in recent years. It is a sigh of relief to those who are fed up with the old machinery and designs. It comes with a warranty of prolonged use that allows you to save a handful of money.
If you have made up your mind to invest in a Porter cable compressor or have already bought it, here is the step-by-step guide to guide you on how to use a Porter cable air compressor and multiple other things.
Things you will need while using:
- You’ll need an adjustable wrench
- Drainage tape, or you can say a plumber’s tape
- Kits for air compressors come very handily
- An air compressor hose for better air transportation, for emergency conditions
- 115 volts electrical circuit is used, and safety glasses for your eyes
Other than that, I believe we all have some essential tools available at the homes for maintenance work and other assembly work for machines. Maybe, you will need that too for any fittings.
How to use a Porter Cable air compressor?
Connect the hose to the nozzle:
Starting with the steps, it is always advisable to do the required PPE for the safety of yourself and the machine too. Once you are done, the first step is the attachment step, in which you need to find the placement of the knob, which is close to the openings.
After knowing, start rotating it in the anti-clockwise direction to lock it completely. Ensure once if it is locked entirely or not. If there is any gap left, it will passage into the air to move out slowly.
The connection between the hoses can take place in two ways, but it ultimately depends on the machine.
Power Required for Input:
After connecting, you need to turn the keys/knobs down to power on the air compressor. It is of no danger to do so because it doesn’t have much force as the system is easy to start, and it will not require you much effort; simply switch it on, just like you do with fans and bulb switches.
Selection of auto mode and pressure control:
To avoid your compressor from overheating, you need to switch off the compressor to avoid any inconvenience. After that, to control the air pressure, you must attach the air gears to the hose.
With the use of knobs and by creating a connection, as discussed above, the regulator plays a significant role. In this way, you can use the Porter cable and the other tool simultaneously.
Removal of internal air:
After switching off the air compressor, drain the air that is left in the compressor after usage because you don’t need to thicken the air hoses and pipes of your porter cable compressor.
This practice is usually done to avoid any inconvenience and allows the machine to work for longer, as the company claims it to last.
Safety measures to take while using the equipment:
There are some standard safety measures that we usually neglect as unnecessary while using the air compressor. Still, they are as essential to consider as starting your porter cable air compressor. So, better to take it every time you use it; these include the following:
- You always need to consider your PPE before using or even administering an air compressor; that usually dictates such as wearing proper clothing, as you may notice loose fitted or oversized clothing have the chance to attach with the motor of the compressor. So, is the use of eyeglasses necessary to avoid any mishap, etc.
- Ensure that all the seals are completely closed when the engine is working because a hole in the seals can lead to considerable damage. It can occur with you or with the machine too. Sudden accumulation of debris and the release of air from the hole can occur, which will result in an explosion.
- We usually put our machines in stores, but it can cause damage to them, like tarnishing, etc. It’s better to keep them in a clean, more excellent place, as mentioned above, for better, more extended use of the air compressor.
- Always clean and test the air compressor with low air pressure before using them properly in your work area. It is better to put the device in the packaging, whether it’s new or old, to prevent them from decomposition and harm.
Porter-cable air compressors are much more than air compressors. They work on a slightly different mechanism and are more robust as compared to others. Since there are numerous models of the porter cable air compressor and their working varies, so will be their use at some time in the working.
It’s always better to read the instructions by the manufacturers or to look on the internet. The steps mentioned above are the complete knowledge you need to know about using the porter cable air compressor.