An emergency condition doesn’t wait for anyone; siphoning is a skill that one must know. Being in a condition where you need to siphon gas but don’t know how? Don’t worry; not everyone knows about it because it isn’t a common phenomenon.
People usually don’t recommend doing it, but you never know when you will run into difficulty. From siphoning gas in a vehicle to much more. This article will prove to be true gold for you if you’ve ever struggled or just learning to be on the safe side.
In this article, we will start by discussing ways of siphoning gas, how to siphon gas with an air compressor, tips and tricks to siphon gas and further; I know you must be curious and can’t wait for more, so better let’s dive into it:
Ways to siphon gas
There are three primary approaches to manually siphoning gas:
- Siphoning with air pressure
- Siphoning with a siphon pump
- Siphoning manually by sucking on a tube.
Air pressure siphoning is the most common approach when it comes to siphoning gas.
How to siphon gas with an air compressor? Step-by-step Guide
Be sure that the air compressor is both switched off and unplugged before beginning this procedure. Now, put the air compressor in the same room as the gas tank that you are going to siphon from.
Take the end of the siphon hose that’s been provided, and place it into the gas tank. Insert the opposite end of the hose that is attached to the siphon into the air compressor.
Now, it’s time to start the air compressor, then wait for the gas to start flowing into the hose after it has been started.
Stop the air compressor and remove the tube from the tank as soon as the gas reaches the end of the hose. To prevent the gas from escaping, the extremity of the hose should be placed within a container.
When the flow of gas has ceased, remove the hose from the container and then replace the cap on the gas tank. Unplug the air compressor after you have turned it off. Lastly, to get rid of the gas odors on your hands, wash them well with soap and water.
Siphoning gas Using Air Pressure:
Siphoning isn’t an easy task but not too complicated to handle; a beginner can do it without any assistance just by following a few given steps. All you need is a little effort and attention at the same time. But first and foremost, you need to collect all the tools you will need during the process.
The tool you’ll need:
- 6-foot tube
- 1-foot tube
- Rag or a piece of cloth
Step 01: Starting over, you need to connect the first longer tube to the tank side where the fuel is. On the other side, where we have a gas container, connect the tiny-sized tube. Now, here the gas side has two openings; you have to attach the tiny tube at one end and let the one open.
Step 02: Now, once you are done making the connections over the fuel side, you should cover it with your rag to keep the fuel tank pressurized and prevent any leaks. Because this strategy relies on keeping the fuel tank at a constant air pressure, this is vital information to have on hand. If this isn’t done, the fuel will never begin to enter the gas container on its own.
Step 03: In the third step, once it has been packed in the gasoline tank, you can begin puffing through the smaller tube to start the gas pressure from the bigger tube. Also, one thing to keep in mind is that you must ensure that you do not mistakenly inhale the gas or fumes; to prevent this, place your thumb over the open end of the canister after you have finished blowing.
Step 04: The smallest step of all, but needs more attention, is where you can stop blowing after the gas starts pouring out of the gas tank through the bigger tube. But one main thing, while doing so, make sure that the gas should continue to flow spontaneously even after you have stopped blowing. If the gas has stopped flowing, you will need to do it all over again.
Step 05: Lastly, put your hand over the open end and elevate the tube above the fuel tank to drain the gas back into the tank. Alternatively, remove the seal.
Tips & Tricks to Siphon Gas with Air Compressor
- Always observe proper safety measures before attempting to siphon gas using an air compressor. Protect yourself from fuel and fumes by using gloves and safety glasses.
- You shouldn’t fill the gas tank up more than halfway. Otherwise, the compressor could overheat and explode.
- When stealing gas from another vehicle, always turn off the engine and take the keys out first.
- To siphon the gas, you’ll need an air compressor with sufficient pressure. Before turning on your air compressor, make sure you read the directions thoroughly.
- Let the air compressor run for a few minutes after it has been turned on. The gas can then be sucked off into the resulting vacuum.
- Turn off the air compressor and remove the hose once the gas has been sucked out. If there is a gas leak, it is important that you fix the problem right away.
Most people automatically associate siphoning gas with criminals who take gas from parked cars. However, there are numerous more reasonable examples in which you might need to drain your gas tank.
In this article, we have talked about siphon gas with an air compressor alongside some tips that you must consider while doing the process for easy and faster processing. I hope this piece was informational, and for more information, you can ask in the comment section.
- How To Make A Confetti Cannon With An Air Compressor - December 4, 2022
- How To Keep Air Compressor From Freezing - December 3, 2022
- How To Install Oil Water Separator On Air Compressor - December 2, 2022