Tech products and risks come along, and you never know what will happen. But you can make your product better and worse on your own. Air compressors being an all-rounder tool, is more exposed to hazardous conditions, and if you have heard tales of compressor explosions, then your concern is valid.
If you are making up your mind about investing in an air compressor and want to know if it’s worth it. You are at the right place; how? I love people who think logically before investing, so I. But, knowing about the expectancy period, there is a lot more you must know. In a great number of manufacturing and building-related contexts, an air compressor is an essential piece of equipment.
But how long do air compressors last? The response to this question is going to be dependent on a number of different aspects, which we will discuss in this article. For now, let’s get right into this question to solve your problem.
How long do air compressors last? – Expert’s Guide
Air compressors are used for various purposes, from households to workshops, etc. Every single person wishes to have a reliable air compressor to make their life easy, but I get it that there are so many brands producing compressors that lack quality. That’s where the life expectancy of an air compressor comes from, and the fear is real.
I have been through it and have experienced air compressors passing in a few months, but there are also a few things that you must do in order to increase the time period. We will be discussing it after answering this.
Moving on, air compressors vary in shape and functioning, so somehow the life expectancy of an air compressor also depends on it. There are certain types that include; portable, pancake, heavy-load, reciprocating air compressors, and much more.
Anyways, if I had to give you an answer based on my experience with air compressors, so by taking out an estimation period, a high-end and, most importantly, a well-cared and if maintained air compressor will last you from 10 – 15 years.
Now, many people will get me wrong, but it’s true, and it requires an investment and time at the same time. Other than that, if you are looking to buy a budget-friendly but portable device from a well-known brand and you know how to use the air compressor effectively. Then it will long you a good 5 years. But it can also vary considering the maintenance and the brand alongside the work you get from the equipment.
Now, let’s move into the next section of this article, where we will talk about how you can make this possible. Because if you are thinking about using your air compressor daily and then throwing it anywhere when you are done using it, it will only last you months or maybe not, who knows.
So, better to take care, and below is how you can do so to extend the life cycle of your device. But before that, I will let you go through some major points that affect the life expectancy of your air compressors.
Things that ruin air compressor’s life expectancy – Key points
Mentioning all the important points that I could think of to save your air compressor, I am sure you will find the points that you are regularly doing without knowing that it is affecting your air compressor performance. When performance is getting affected, it’s evident that the air compressor loses its calm and will die before its meantime. Let’s jump into the pointers down below:
- Throwing your air compressor in a dusty area that could be your garage or your store room. Yes, these places are prone to dirt, and that will get into the device, leaving the air spaces clogged.
- Working more than its capability seems right and not a big deal. Moreover, you also get your work done in less time. But it will affect the performance and also will overheat the air compressor. This can ultimately result in an explosion and hazardous conditions.
- A minor leakage that you are ignoring because you are lazy and excessive noise coming from the air compressor are both signals of something major happening in the air compressor.
- Leaving your air compressors without cleaning their tank, without removing excess air, and thinking that it will not cause you any problem. It will leave you in huge trouble when rusting starts, and the tank will start leaking.
Things to note for improving air compressor life expectancy – Key points
- First and foremost, maintaining your device plays a major role. Being lazy will cost you more than you can think of so is the cleaning sessions from the workshops. Do it yourself after using the air compressor. Whenever you are done using it, do a little cleaning session and prepare it for the next use.
- If you own a compressor that isn’t oil-free, it is advised by experts to do a refilling or oil changing session after every 3-month time period. By doing so, there will contribute less to zero chances for your device to stop midway through your work and will increase the efficiency of work.
- Replace the inlet filter of an air compressor which is the main source of air passage and more exposed to any damage if it shows any evidence of damage or wears. If there are no such indicators, the inlet filter can be kept clean, and an air compressor can continue to function effectively.
An air compressor’s life depends on multiple factors, from how much the usage is. How much do you look after it? What is the quality of your device? What are the conditions that it is facing? How is it performing than before? Thinking of all these, if you do regular maintenance, then a good device will last you 10 – 20 years maximum.
Also, there are warranty options on some brands, so you can also take advantage of that. By the end, I hope you got the answer to How long an air compressor last. If so, then that’s great, and here is goodbye from me till next time.