Everyone wants to be in a safe zone so they can have enough protection against the destruction of an electric circuit, whether they are novices or specialists. In this regard, hardwiring an air compressor is no small matter.
I understand that you are confused and concerned that something might go wrong. In order to make hardwiring an air compressor simple and efficient, some care must be taken. It’s important to have past knowledge to avoid being stuck in the middle.
I frequently got asked about how to hardwire an air compressor. Even when I searched on the internet, I was unable to find even one reliable source so, I made the decision to post all the important guidelines I am aware of. So, that’s our topic for today and with that let’s start:
How to hardwire an air compressor?
Air compressors are by far considered the most difficult yet complicated machine to operate but at the same time simplest to use. It can be used for multiple purposes from households to businesses to workshops, almost every single person owns a compressor in this modern age.
Hardwiring is an important step you must take for your air compressor. But to do that you will require some tools.
Tools for hardwiring an air compressor
- Wire cutters
- Protective gloves
- Ring terminals without solder
Step by step Guide to hardwire your air compressor
First, you need to place the air compressor closer to the electrical supply unit, so that you can easily access it. I fully believe that having a connector would be wonderful if I needed to move the compressor for any reason or if I needed to plug in a welder. After that, attach it to the floor using lag bolts and anchors.
To start the hardwiring process, start by shutting off the unit for your own safety. Insert a volt circuit breaker for the compressor by removing the switch box’s cover. Enter the container with the 10-gauge 3-conductor wire.
Now is the time for the identification of wires and making the attachments. There are two wires one is red and the other we get is the black wire. On the other hand, there is one white wire. Connect the red & black wire to the breaker and the white to the box/container.
In accordance with expert guidelines, fasten the gauge wire to the wall and connect it to a switchboard close to the compressor. It is required to use a flexible power cord to connect the compressor to this unit. After that, attach it to the circuit breaker box’s cable and then use the big cables to join the two different types of wires.
Plug the power cord into the terminals indicated by markings after removing the cover from the compressor power switch. Then, connect the components through ring connectors.
In the final step, make the connections and plugged-in the compressor for its normal functioning. But if it shows any error or creates any disturbance then read the manual guide or go to a technician.
Safety tips to take
- The compressor’s instructions must be prominently displayed for everyone to see.
- Always use appropriate safety gear, such as safety goggles, ear protection, and any other gear deemed required, when working with compressed air.
- Compressors should be placed in an area that is accessible to the public and allows for easy care and control.
- Verify that any moving components, such as belts, rollers, and steam turbines, are adequately shielded from harm.
- The air you breathe while working may contain toxins that are hazardous to your health, therefore air circulation is crucial.
- Because there is a good potential that air will escape via the valves, make sure they are all tightly closed.
Hardwiring is considered something difficult but that’s not the matter. The step-by-step guide, I have discussed above for hardwiring an air compressor I the simplest you will find on the internet, even the videos are quite confusing. But I believe that this guide will help you a lot.
Alongside, I have also mentioned some safety tips too for you! If you want to wire a 240V air compressor, make sure to read our other blog on our site!
- How To Make A Confetti Cannon With An Air Compressor - December 4, 2022
- How To Keep Air Compressor From Freezing - December 3, 2022
- How To Install Oil Water Separator On Air Compressor - December 2, 2022