Is there any easy way to make connections? Can you do it if you are a beginner? Do you need any specific tools to perform the task? Many questions along these often come to mind when we talk about building a connection.
A Sprinkler system is a lifesaver if you are into irrigation, fertilization etc. Being in the industry for 4 years, I got great command of my skills all because of my owner. The Internet doesn’t have informational blogs as such on this topic.
So, I decided to play a part in making an effort to assemble and put the information out there for you. Talking about how to connect the air compressor to the sprinkler system is the topic, and I am all geared up to provide you with everything I know. Let’s begin now:
How to connect the air compressor to sprinkler system?
Nothing is more frustrating than a bad sprinkling system or getting your pipes burst in the middle of watering. A sprinkler system is a must to avoid the fuss, but how to connect with an air compressor is a question. Although having an underground system is a blessing that fades your many worries.
Having a sprinkler system helps you in multiple ways, from dry lines to the elimination of water. Having a strong air compressor connection is the important thing. But most people are confused about fitting while connecting the air compressor to the sprinkler system.
Some air compressors have a certain fitting that allows you to connect it to get your task done in minutes to seconds without making any effort.
5 Step Guide to Connect Air Compressor to Sprinkler System
For this, I have two methods designed for different settings. So, we will be dividing them as:
- Method 01
- Method 02
- The first step is to turn off the water leaving your home and take the hose nozzle off unless you have the fitting to screw onto that. Otherwise, skip this.
- Then, before beginning the air, double-check that your irrigation controller is turned on; otherwise, the air may build up in the system until you open it, perhaps causing harm.
- Meanwhile, close the valves leading to the vacuum breaker and the ones leading back into the home.
- Now, turn on the air at the psi level of more than 50, and move back to the previously skipped zone. Once you see that the level has started going low, go back and start from the first and then keep drying all over it.
- The lines must be back-drained into your home as the last stage. Many people make this serious error, which forces the line leading to your home to freeze.
The water will spill out eventually because there will be a lot of water between the piping and the vacuum.
- Firstly, find out the control panel of the sprinkler system, but before doing that, you must switch off the water.
- Now, you need to lock the airflow valve and wear all your protective goggles. In this step, you need to connect the fitting on one end of the air compressor to the hose end and open the sprinkler zone.
- The air compressor’s valve should be opened gradually. Make sure the air compressor’s pressure gauge doesn’t go above 80 psi by keeping an eye on it.
- By using the control panel, open more zones. After that, moving back to the control panel, we will open the zones separately to blow out the water.
Factors to Consider While Connecting Air Compressor to Sprinkler System
- It is always advisable to wear eye protection.
- Never allow anyone, not even yourself, to stand over valves etc.
- Make very sure you have the tools you’ll need to finish the work effectively.
- Always maintain control over CFM and pressure (PSI).
- Never try to open a closed valve or line with air.
Air compressors are widely used to connect to the sprinkler system and work quite effectively. Concerning that, above, we have discussed how you can connect the air compressor to the sprinkler system with two methods depending on your system and set-up.
I personally found these two methods easy and simple, so you can easily get away with them. But still, if you want to ask anything depending on your system, you can ask me and the team of experts. That was all from this article!
- How To Make A Confetti Cannon With An Air Compressor - December 4, 2022
- How To Keep Air Compressor From Freezing - December 3, 2022
- How To Install Oil Water Separator On Air Compressor - December 2, 2022