Your ac stopping & starting on its own? Or your system overflows every time it pulls out air? Probably it is because of the clogged air lines with dust and debris, so is the moisture too. In accordance with the usage of the air compressor, they also serve in cleaning the ac drains lines.
Using an air conditioner, you may chill the air in your home by removing the heat from the air and recirculating it. There are so many uses for compressed air that we can’t count on fingers, so is for the cleaning of ac drain line.
To value your time and effort, an air compressor is the most suitable equipment out there in the market to clean ac drain lines in a matter of seconds. In accordance today this is our topic for this article, how to clean AC drain line with an air compressor.
How to clean an AC drain line with an air compressor?
The process of cleaning the ac drain lines can be done in various ways. For a general approach, you will need specific tools to do so.
At first, you must need a condensate pan, which is usually placed at the bottom of it. After that, take the pan along with the vacuum system to remove the excess water from the drain lines.
Additionally, clean the drainage lines by directing the air and it will put the debris and stuff at the end of the tube leaving the drainage clean with the help of an air handler.
Step by step guide on how to clean ac drain line with air compressor
This portion of the article is devised to specifically talk in detail about the two guides that you can apply according to the size of the drain line,
Technique 01 = for small/minor blockages
Technique 02= for heavy/big blockages
To start with the process, it is always recommended to switch off the ac. Following that, your first step should be the placement of the cleaning harbor and maybe you will need a container too, as an additional component along with others.
The container is used for condensation that gets accumulated in the pan in case there is a clog.
In the second step, take off the cap and now its time for the deep analysis of the clog. For that, if you are able to view the obstruction, you should make an effort to remove it. Avoid pushing it even further away from you. Do not become frightened even if the obstruction crushes, separates, and travels further along the pipe.
Considering the small size clog, you need to run the cleaning solution that will help you thoroughly clean the drain pipe in its true sense. Doing so, it will ensure that there is no clog or debris left behind.
Furthermore, if the solution comes out all it means that it is completely clean if don’t there is still some debris inside it that needs to be cleaned.
After doing this examination, just put the cap over it and you can switch it on so that you can use it.
When attempting to clear a clog in a drain line, the suction can be applied to either end of the drain pipe. It will extract the fluid in the event that the drain becomes clogged due to the presence of a cleaning solution or water.
In other words, if you feel like the obstruction is still there as we mentioned above, we can repeat the step of running the solution in the drain line, so that there is no condition left to doubt that there might be something left in the line.
There is another approach, that you can do is to hold a test for further assurance if needed and then just place the cap again and you will be ready to use it for your working purposes.
Precautionary measures to take:
- The most important of all is to put in some disinfectants so that you can avoid wastage of time etc.
- You will need to wear something to mask the scent, which may be from the pipe or the air conditioner.
- You might also try using a solution that is made up of hot water and liquid dish soap as an alternative.
- The substances that may have become locked inside the pipe can be flushed out by running water through the line.
- When you are completed clearing out the drain line, use a small funnel to pour white vinegar down it. This should be done after you have finished cleaning out the drain line. This will eliminate any mold or germs that may have developed in the drain pipe as a result of their presence.
- Remember to check the pipe outside to see if it is allowing water to flow freely without any obstructions. This is an essential precaution to take for your protection.
Along with the accumulation of debris and dust etc., moisture can also be the reasons of the clogged drain lines that affect the functioning power of the ac. Above we have talked about various techniques to clean drain lines of the HVAC system.
If you are attempting to clear the drain lines and are still failing to get rid of it completely, you might need help from the professionals. As they can help you in this and can resolve the problem in time for you.
- How To Make A Confetti Cannon With An Air Compressor - December 4, 2022
- How To Keep Air Compressor From Freezing - December 3, 2022
- How To Install Oil Water Separator On Air Compressor - December 2, 2022