Air compressors and their associated tools have a strong interlinking with each other to accompany and work for the best. Presta valves are handier than any others from the list but are known as a little difficult to use and air up.
It’s a that significant tool that requires small space to air high pressure of air, and holds more air pressure than other valves besides of being lightweight and sturdy enough to function properly with the heavy load of air on it, and for those specific reasons has all the hype.
Also one of the 80% who struggles with a Presta valve with an air compressor, you don’t need to stress out as it is a common phenomenon and can be done within a few steps. Here down below we have a detailed 5 step guide to guide you throughout the process.
How to air up Presta valve with an air compressor – 5 Step Guide
These narrower Presta valves are more frequent on high-end bikes with thin rims because of their smaller size and weight. Due to the fact that they require the use of a manual locknut in order to open the valve for inflation, they are somewhat more difficult to inflate. Your ordinary air pump and an adaptor are required for presta valve inflation.
- The first thing you need to do is take off the cap, and then turn the locknut on the valve counterclockwise until it is completely loosened.Take note that by depressing the locknut, you are now able to release some air.
- Installing the adapter now requires fitting it carefully in a clockwise direction onto the threads of the valve stem. The adapter will change your Presta valve into a Schrader valve, allowing you to use a regular air pump to refill your tire instead of having to use a bicycle pump.
- After attaching your air pump, inflate the wheel to the pressure specifications provided. You may find this information written on the sidewall of your tire, and it is typically accompanied by a ‘PSI’ rating (pounds per square inch).
- After the tire has been pumped up to its maximum capacity, take off the adaptor, then unplug the air pump and give the locknut a finger tightening. Then put the cap back on.
- There is an additional locknut located at the base of the valve stem. After the tire has been filled, you should give this a light twist with your finger.
Direct Approach to air up Presta valve:
To directly get into the procedure and to make it easy for you, here is just 4 – 5 lines procedure to inflate a tire with a Presta valve:
You must first take off the dust cap, then unscrew the brass cap, and place a pump onto the valve as far as it will go, and last, turn up the valve on the pump to secure it in place. Continue pumping until the tire is at the desired pressure. The next step is to take out the pump, and simply replace the black dust cap, and then put the brass lid back into place. Just like this, you will be done in a matter of minutes.
The use of the presta valve has its own importance with air compressors, as many households, works and factories do depend on it for tasks like inflating tires and many more. It is the most used one, as the other named Schrader valve doesn’t accompany similar purposes of air compressors.
In the mean article, we stay confined to our topic of how to air up a presta valve with an air compressor and so far, discussed it in two major approaches alongside its use.