Spray guns that use high volume and low pressure (HVLP) to distribute finishes produce smoother finishes and less moisture when used correctly. They are quite popular among furniture makers and furnishings builders. There are two distinct varieties of high-velocity, low-pressure spray gun systems, that’s not the topic.
Besides that, it is often a question that what tools can you use with air compressors, or what are the important requirements you need to follow. Butter on the top, the budget serves as the important factor in making a choice for using tools with an air compressor.
HVLP is one of the most vital component for businesses as well as for households to do your task in less amount of time. So, with respect to that, today our topic for this article is that; Can you use a HVLP gun with an air compressor, so let’s just dig deep into it.
Can you use a HVLP gun with an air compressor?
As in the introduction, we separately talked about the HVLP gun and the compressor systems. HVLP guns use turbine units at certain rates. There are certain turbine-powered HVLP systems, which can’t run any other air tool, but they’re smaller and quieter than compressor-powered systems.
On the other hand, there are other devices known as “conversion” guns, which require you to feed them with high-pressure air before they can make HVLP air. It’s possible that these will operate with outdated compressors that have poor performance at low pressure.
In addition to that, it is common practice to paint an HVLP using an air compressor for a variety of reasons. The HVLP spray gun compressor is the option that many people choose with. It is a very helpful instrument that offers a wide variety of benefit
Which compressor do you need to use for an HVLP gun?
You must be familiar with the fact that HVLP guns use a great deal of air, you will need a compressor with a larger capacity than the ones typically used for do-it-yourself home projects. However, in order to spray the complete spectrum of finishing materials, you need a compressor with at least 2.5 to 3 horsepower.
Having one of this size enables you to properly vaporize the substance while also supplying the gun with a constant air pressure. You have the ability to modify the pressure as well as the viscosity of the fluid using this system.
- It is important not to forget that you need to filter the air in order to prevent moisture, grease, and debris from getting into the gun. If you have a traditional air compressor, you will need to make use of a regulator in order to ensure that the air pressure is set appropriately.
- HVLP is better for the environment; yet, it is recommended that masks be worn as a precaution; however, if the sprayer uses an HVLP spray gun, they will be subjected to less overspray that could be hazardous to their health.
- An HVLP spray gun can apply paint more quickly than an LVLP spray gun, and an HVLP spray gun is superior for thinning paints that are similar to rubber. It produces a spray that is significantly gentler, which results in less wasted material.
- Therefore, an HVLP would be an excellent tool for painting jobs requiring a clear coat and will be of great assistance when painting vehicles. HVLP travels at a faster speed than LVLP. Therefore, if you have to do your work in a quicker and more efficient manner, HVLP is the superior choice for you.
5 advantages of an HVLP air compressor for painting Spray
Since its kind of new into the business but due to the popularity it is getting, I feel the need of putting some advantages of an HVLP air compressor for spray painting so that we can have a better concept before using it:
The operation rate of an HVLP air compressor is superior to that of a conventional sprayer. It absorbs more at once and then gradually lets go under low pressure. As a direct consequence of this, it is able to apply a greater amount of tension on the various surfaces.
An HVLP air compressor is a device that is accessible to everyone because it is inexpensive. It does not come at a high cost and is well worth the money spent. You have a variety of options available to you while using the air compressor.
The amount of overspray and paint waste you get when using a spray gun is a problem that occurs with all spray guns. It will make your job more expensive as a result. On the other hand, the compressor in an HVLP spray gun takes in more and then delivers paint.
Safe to use:
Painting using spray paint is not a job that is good for your health. Spray painting jobs require special breathing equipment to be performed. An HVLP gun is an effective spray gun that consumes less paint than other types of spray guns and at the same time is safe to use.
Control over use:
Lastly, a high-velocity, low-pressure air compressor allows for a greater quantity of paint to be applied evenly to the ground. You have control over the spray frequency as well as the paint’s consistency. As a result, it will provide you with coatings of the same quality as those produced by other fantastic tools.
To summarize the discussion, there are turbine units and HVLP compressors that can be used rather than the traditional ones for spray guns to complete your project at your house or even if you are starting a business.
These are the best possible answers we tested and found out for you to decide and move forward to make a buy. More of that, we have covered the best air compressors and guide that you might want to read on.
- How To Make A Confetti Cannon With An Air Compressor - December 4, 2022
- How To Keep Air Compressor From Freezing - December 3, 2022
- How To Install Oil Water Separator On Air Compressor - December 2, 2022