Adjusting the pressure of your air compressor is the first demand you must fulfil properly, as it’s the main driving force. Ingersoll rand air compressors are of no exception with kits with robust construction and easy-to-use manual.
It is no shame and worries about asking how to adjust the pressure on the Ingersoll rand air compressor because not many know about it. It is built with classical design and structure; Ingersoll rand air compressors are making round on the internet.
To get your hands on the Ingersoll rand air compressor, we have prepared this article guide for you. In this, we will take you with us through different sections of the article t give you a better understanding and prior basic knowledge, so you never fall into problems with it. Let’s not waste any time and get into it.
How to adjust the pressure on the Ingersoll rand air compressor?
Ingersoll rand air compressor is high efficiency featuring consistent and high pressure with the right adjustments. Ingersoll is equipped with a magnetic starter for safer motor starting and functioning. Pressure adjustment is one of the most important things while operating an air compressor; accidentally increasing or decreasing it can take the life of your machine. You now know the fundamentals of adjusting an air compressor pressure on Ingersoll rand. Let’s move into the guide.
1. Switch off the compressor:
Before adjusting the pressure switch on the Ingersoll rand compressor, always ensure that you have switched off the air compressor from the main board. Here, switching off does not only mean putting the compressor off from work but also taking the plug off so that you know that you are safe well.
2. Setting the break-in pressure:
After switching off the compressor, it’s time to set the break-in pressure. There is the only way to do this; all you need to do is to turn the manual screw accordingly. If you want to increase the pressure, make sure you screw it clockwise but to decrease the pressure, move it the other way, that is, the anti-clockwise direction.
If you are not aware of the air compressor settings, the break-in or you can say the cut-in pressure settings are the ones where compressors stop and vice versa.
3. Checking the pressure:
In this step, we use the drain valve to drain the released air that is kept in the compressor. After draining the air, you can now plug in the air compressor. To prevent electric shock, empty and unplug the air compressor before making any additional adjustments.
4. Setting the breaking out pressure:
Setting in and out the breaking pressure, the procedure is almost the same where you have to set the screw according to your requirement whether you can increase or decrease. Turn it in a clockwise direction for the increase in pressure and the alternative way for decreasing it.
One thing to note is that you can set in and out the pressure with a difference of at least 20 – 25psi.
5. Checking the break-out pressure:
After setting the pressure on the Ingersoll rand, run it out to know the pressure adjustments, and if you need to change so, you can go for that before starting working.
Factors to Consider While Adjusting your Ingersoll rand Pressure
- Even on Ingersoll-Rand air compressors, the pressure adjustment varies sometimes. In some cases, you don’t need to turn it in any direction, neither clockwise nor anti-clockwise. As you can do it simply with the pressure adjuster placed at the bottom.
- Most of the compressor pressure switches are already set at the break-in pressure, with the psi level of 80 – 100psi, and in accordance with that, the break-out pressure is adjusted.
- Also, Ingersoll rand with fixed pressures comes with a single screw. So, instead of getting into the settings of clockwise and anti-clockwise all you need to do is to turn it in one direction for both settings.
- You should always wear goggles and a safety kit while operating the compressor, even if it is unplugged.
- Make sure that your compressor is placed in great ventilated settings, and also drain it completely before changing any settings.
Ingersoll rand air compressors are not complex but are easy to understand so is their pressure adjustment. In this article, we have talked about how to adjust the pressure on the Ingersoll rand air compressor.
The process isn’t elongated and time taking. Still, if you find anything complex, you can ask and check the relative articles on our page.